If you are applying to the MA program in Political Science, you must apply directly to the Graduate
College. Our department also requires the following items to be uploaded into the online application:
1. Official Transcripts: Transcripts of all previous undergraduate and graduate work are required to be sent directly to the Graduate College.
(unofficial transcripts: upload to online application).
2. GRE Scores: You must have your scores on the GRE General Test sent to (address below), as a rule we do not accept another standardized exam in place of the GRE.
University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Department of Political Science
4505 S. Maryland Pkwy.
Las Vegas, NV 89154-5029
Institution Code for UNLV is 4861
Department/Major Code is 1902
3. Personal Statement: Upload to online application a personal statement explaining why you want to enter the particular degree program at UNLV.
4. Letters of Recommendation: Use recommendation provider list to input the names and contact information for each recommender (minimum 2 required). Recommendation providers (e.g., current or former instructors) must submit the letter of recommendation online.
5. Graduate Assistantships: If you are a new student to UNLV please complete the graduate assistantship portion in the online application. If you are a current student and want to apply or reapply for a graduate assistantship, follow the process detailed at the Graduate College Web site and submit your application to the department (not the Graduate College). We ask that applications for assistantships be submitted by February 1 to begin in the fall semester, and by October 1 to begin in the spring sememster (note that those dates are one month earlier than the Graduate College requires).
All required materials must be uploaded into the online application before the department will make a
decision on your application. We do not make admissions contingent upon receipt
of satisfactory GRE scores.