The Minor in Chinese requires a minimum of 18 credits of course work, including CHI 213, 214, 301, 302, and six additional credits of upper-division (300-400 level) course work in Chinese.
- CHI 113 & 114 (Beginning Chinese I & II) or equivalents
- CHI 213 (Intermediate Chinese I)
- CHI 214 (Intermediate Chinese II)
- CHI 301 (Third-Year Chinese Conversation and Composition)
- CHI 302 (Third-Year Chinese Grammar and Composition)
- CHI 322 (Modern Chinese Literature in Translation)
- CHI 323 (Chinese Popular Culture)
- CHI 331 (Chinese Literature in Translation)
- CHI 350 (Topics in Chinese Literature)
- CHI 387 (Study Abroad in Chinese Language, Literature, or Culture III )
- CHI 416 (Business Chinese I)
- CHI 417 (Business Chinese II)
- CHI 443 (Modern Chinese Culture Through Film)
- CHI 487 (Study Abroad in Chinese Language, Literature, or Culture IV)
- other courses not listed here that nonetheless deal with Chinese language and culture can also count towards your minor in Chinese Studies (subject to pre- approval).