Our Major in German includes a minimum 36 credits of 200-400-level course work in Literature (24 credits), Composition and Conversation (6 credits), Linguistics (3 credits) and Culture and Civilization (3 credits). These are in addition to University and College of Liberal Arts requirements, which are here .
For the most up-to-date requirements and credit transfer information, consult the Wilson Advising Center .
UNLV is the only Nevada test center for the Zertifikat Deutsch für den Beruf, an internationally recognized, prestigious qualification that certifies your ability to function in German business situations. We also offer a Certificate in Translation, German-English- another professional qualification that will help you land a good job after graduation.
At UNLV, German studies don't end in the classroom. Our German Club meets weekly to speak German in an informal atmosphere. We also show at least one German-language film each month and go to concerts, plays and German restaurants often during each semester. Click here for more information.
- We have many options for study, work , and internships. Click here for more information.
- American Universities with graduate programs in German can be found here
- A page with links to other German-language websites is here
- The most important trans-atlantic business language (after English)
- The native language of over 100 million Europeans
- The most common language spoken or learned in Europe (after English)
- The second most-used language on the Internet (ahead of Spanish, Chinese, French...)
- The key to graduate study in the natural sciences, humanities, business, law and medicine.